Our mission is focused on the heart of our community - through comprehensive partnerships and cooperative actions, we preserve our historic downtown and cultivate its vibrant, thriving commerccial mix that is a source of community pride for residents, a prosperous investment for businesses, and an attractive, lively destination for visitors who feel welcomed and are eager to return.
Downtown Blackstone Inc. (DBI) is the established organization in the Town of Blackstone with the duties of facilitating the Virginia Main Street Program. A nine-member board comprised of local volunteers leads the organization.
- Carolyn Davis, Chair
Principal owner of Access Realty, LLC
- Tom Wilkinson, Vice-chair
Project Manager, Gilmore Environmental Consulting
- Taylor Quicke, Secretary
Citizens Bank & Trust Company Inc.
- Scott Lewis, Treasurer
Benchmark Community Bank
- Kim Moody
Kim Moody Design and trend.
- Sam Moncure, Councilman, Ex-Officio
Town of Blackstone
- Elizabeth Freeman, Business owner
Freeman Enterprises, McDonalds of Blackstone
- Field Green, Business owner
- Liz Lynn, Promotions Committee co-chair
Access Realty, LLC
- Jane Barnes , Ex-Officio
Blackstone Chamber of Commerce
- Elizabeth Farina , Ex-Officio
Downtown Blackstone, Inc.
Downtown Blackstone is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, volunteer organizationfocused on the preservation, growth and vitality of our historic downtown through cooperative actions and comprehensive partnerships.
We accomplish this mission:
- through building partnerships and coalitions with residents, merchants, property owners, developers and government entities;
- through working to enhance and improve the look and feel of the downtown streetscape; and
- through fostering vibrancy that attracts development and redevelopment.
These activities result in long-term sustainable growth in the downtown business community.